Thursday, April 05, 2007

heed the safety warning

I had forgot about this incident until i started writing my last post. I worked construction with my uncle During holidays and summer vacation. At one point we had to hire another framing crew, Two American Idian Brothers. I had gone out to the job site the new crew was working on with my uncle to make sure they were up to code. They were in the process of nailing the plywood down on the rafters with pneumatic nailers.

Uncle: You guys making sure you don't space the nails too far apart?

Brother 1: Yah, no more than xxx inches apart.

Brother 2: But we don't have enough plywood to finish everything.

U: I'll go call and get it out here now.

While waiting for my uncle to come back i watched while the brothers were talking, one of the brothers was kind of swinging his nail gun back and forth.

Me: be careful with the safety triggers taped like that.

Brother 2: Ahh, we've never had a problem before with it.

*KLANK*

*Stunned Silence and empty stares*

*Grown man screamin*

Me: Did you just nail a nail through your leg?

B 2: Yup

B 1: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Me: Dumb ass.

4 Comments:

Blogger the mama said...

you said ass....

oh god I sound like birdman!

Thursday, April 05, 2007 6:26:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

NICE!!!!!! My hubby worked construction for awhile too. He was a framer. Never had a nail gun incident though, dumbasses....LOL

Friday, April 06, 2007 10:08:00 AM  
Blogger birdman said...

and by that je suis la maman you mean "extremely intelligent"!!!!

Friday, April 06, 2007 4:38:00 PM  
Blogger the mama said...

of course....

Friday, April 06, 2007 5:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home